How to troubleshoot your brakes.
- Check Starter Bolts
- Check Flex Plate Bolts to make sure they are tight
- Check for cracks in the Flex Plate
- Bad Waterpump especially if it happens at high speed
- Worn fan clutch (if overheating at slow speeds)
- Broken or missing fan shroud
- Clogged Radiator
- Use a 195 degree thermostat. Don't use anything lower as you will get bad gas mileage.
- Air trapped in the upper radiator hose. Disconnect and burp the system.
When applying the brakes or doing a front brake dive and you hear a clunk in the front of your Jeep XJ or MJ, check for the following: