Just gathering a good list of write-ups for WJ Steering knuckle conversion for the XJ D30:
If anyone has any additional recommended links, please let us know.
Unless specified otherwise, parts are for a 99+ jeep grand cherokee.
- WJ knuckles
- WJ Akebono Calipers (Teves are prone to rotor warping)
- WJ Akebono Caliper Brackets
- Rotors (your choice but we DO NOT RECOMMEND DRILLED AND SLOTTED due to rocks, mud and sand since we offroad)
- WJ Rotors (require redrilling for the proper bolt pattern)
- '95 crown vic rotors do not require redrilling of rotors nor grinding of Unit Bearings/Hub assemblies
- 2001 Ford Explorer Sportrac rotors are good if you don't mind grinding 1/8th inch off the unit bearing/hub assemblies.
- JKS OGS930 1/4" hub spacers - Qty 2 - $40 (Amazon)
- 1/4" caliper spacers - Do not use low grade washers!
- WJ Brake Pads
- Steering Links and TREs (Various choices)
- If you want stock WJ TREs (all four TREs). I've included the cross referenced part numbers:
- If you go 1 ton offset TREs for draglink:
- JKS TR301 HD Drag Link Kit
- JKS TR300 HD Tie Rod Kit (includes Jamnuts)
- Complete Kit: GM Crossover Steering Kit XOGMSTE from Ruffstuff Specialties
- Tapered Steering Knuckle Insert 2-pack from Ruffstuff
- Brake fluid.
- JKS OGS915 2" Front Weld-On Extended Swaybar Mount Kit
- JKS OGS920 Over the Axle Trackbar bracket - $46.99